The project leadership is answerable to this Executive Committee: Professor Ari Sitas (chair), Lungisile Ntsebeza (African Studies), Premesh Lalu (CHR, UWC), Dr. Sylvia Bruinders (College of Music), Shahid Vawda and/or Noeleen Murray (City Institute, Wits), and Sumangala Damodaran (Ambedkar University, India). The Partners constitute an executive committee responsible for the direction and fiduciary integrity of the project. The Committee employed Ms Tinashe Kushata as its project coordinator.
The Research and Academic Committee is answerable to the Executive but is tasked with the academic and creative activities of the project. It meets as often as is necessary: Ari Sitas
(chair), Michael Nixon (College of Music), Ross Brian Truscott (CHR) Paul Weinberg (African Studies) and Shahid Vawda (City Institute).
Below is the interim Research Team of the Project:
- Dr Sazi Dlamini (Senior Research Associate, Musicology, UKZN)
- Dr Thokozani Mhlambi (Culture and Public Archive, UCT)
- Dr Jade Gibson (City Institute, UCT)
- Mr Mark Aranha (Ambedkar University)
- Ms Dina Dabo (Volunteer-African Studies, UCT)
- Mr Reza Khota (UWC, ex officio, Factory of the Arts)
- Mr Neo Muyanga (African Studies, UCT)
- Ms Karen Press (African Studies, UCT)
- Ms Ayesha Sheth (Ambedkar University)
- Ms Negar Taymoorzadeh (UWC)
- Ms Janie Cole (UCT)